Saturday, March 26, 2011

My dreams that crashed

Every new born baby the minute he starts walking and talking the main question that everybody always asks is " what you want to be when you grow up?", my answer was I want to be a jet fighter pilot. I have always been amazed and fascinated by the fighters jets, I would spend hours watching documentaries on TV and read magazines about jets and what is the latest technologies... It's almost the end of the war and I was around 8 or 9 my grand pa(god bless his soul) told me that someone stole the Mirages (french made fighter) that the army had and sold them to Cypress... I was devastated frustrated how is this possible what about me? what about my dream.... I start crying and I got depressed... How could they crush my Dream???? I never new who did it, but I knew why they did it... It's called GREED.

After that dream of becoming a pilot is doomed, I shifted my focus on sports specially football know as soccer in USA... I had to wear hip braces till I was 7 years old, no physical activity was allowed till that age. When I was born the doctor moved my leg bone from my hip so I had to wear braces around my hips. Not at school only at home. So it have been a year since i can slowly run and do some activity... I start falling in love with the game the years go by and I can run a bit faster I am able to stand up for a long time and best of all I am playing awesome on the defensing line so at 12 years old I joined the school team...Doing good looks like I have a nice future doing something I like..... When I was around 15 I asked about wages for soccer players to get an idea how rich i will be hehehehe..... It turned out they make 300$ plus bonuses if they win a game and the most sad part is they have to get a second full time job to be able to support a family : how sad is that ???? Another hurtful news I am tired of chasing dreams that does not come true... I do Believe and I always said this :" Everything begins with a dream" ....

After all I graduated from college with MIS degree I speak read write 3 different languages which is normal in Lebanon but here in USA it is amazing if you can do that....After College I wanted to get a BA in MIS so I went to a university to finish the 2 years and get my BA... I got sick ... I kept going...I was 30 credit away from graduating which is 6 months... 2006 War started I came here to USA.... My BA dream crashed for now ... It will cost me 35000$ to finish my BA plus I have to do the last 2 years all over again....

Lots of people are in situations like that... I will keep dreaming because if there is no dream there is no purpose to live...
Marcel

No comments: