Thursday, March 17, 2011

Why I will not go back to Lebanon...

Most my family and my friends keep bugging me to go back to live in Lebanon... I keep telling them no for a lot of reasons:

* My health condition is a major issue. How can I go back to Lebanon and my first 2 weeks in the hospital coasted around 10000$ out of pocket" Thanks to Société Géneral Bank of Lebanon " who helped us to pay that bill, my dad works as a security guard there. every other week a blood work coasted us around 50$ then the treatments each 15 days 100$. According to the cost of living and wages those ammounts are a lot. my dad makes around 600$ a month....
The point is i probably die on the hospital door before we can afford to admit me.....

*It was very hard to keep up with all expenses river's school at least 6000$ a year between books, uniforms and tuition... yes my friends to get an education in Lebanon it cost a lot of money...

* I graduated from college with MIS ( Management Information System) 2 years i stayed looking for a job lots of interviews but I have no buddy in the higher classes to recommends me... I was told unless I know someone big I will never get a job. Here I was hired for my skills not because i know someone with "Big Balls".....

* Here we have furniture not only a couch during the day a bed during the night... yes we are in deep financial troubles however we are able to manage... It's hard but we will pass it.

* I can walk down the street in CA yelling I hate the president no one can tell me anything ... it's called freedom of speech (not that i hate the president hehehe am just giving an example), in Lebanon hell would break loose you will go to jail and get beat .... I know at least 200 person who been beat and hurt and disabled from the brutal beating just because they said what they thought about the government that was controlled by a Syrian officer his headquarter was Anjar in Bekka valley back then.....

* How can I go back to a country where people cross red lights like there's only them on the road , most accidents are caused by TAXI drivers, they cut you off with no signal the just break in front of you out of nowhere. Were 1 person drive over 2 lanes instead of sharing the road, if you ask them why they tell you because they can they will not get in trouble because they know some high ranks police officers who will bail them out with nothing nor bad records.

I love to be free and I will always...

Family Friends I will visit you all but I AM NOT MOVING BACK TO LIVE IN LEBANON ANYTIME SOON...

Marcel

No comments: